Private Health Insurance
BGC and Bupa have partnered to offer you the security and protection of health cover with outstanding corporate benefits.
- Get between 70% – 100% of the charge back on general dental, selected optical, physiotherapy and chiropractic services at out Bupa providers.
- Gar free general dental and physio for Kids – only we will cover the cost of your kids dental and physio until they turn 25. This means you’ll benefit form no out of pocket expenses on services such as check-ups, scale & cleans, fillings, x –rays and more
- Bupa has a range of online tools & offers that allow you to better understand your health and wellness, as well as providing practical ways to improve both.
- Keep more in your pocket – Bupa’s corporate covers pay generous benefits on extras
- If you currently have health cover with another Australian registered health fund, you can still transfer to the Bupa corporate health plan. We will; honour any waiting periods that you’ve served on your old cover, provided you transfer within 60 days of leaving your previous health fund.
Our Bupa consultants are here to help. If you’d like to find out more, please use any of the contact methods below:
Call 134135 and quote BGC or ID# 405927 or click here to request a call from one of our corporate specialists.
Click here to view your offer online.
Drop by any of our Bupa Centres
BGC Staff may be able to obtain discounts or benefits on
Look at each of the offers and find the cover that best suits your needs - there are many things to consider when looking into private health insurance:
- Who is covered? You may just need to cover yourself if you are single; or if you have family living with you such as children (dependants) you may be able to purchase cover that provides for everyone.
- What is covered? In Australia, the public health system Medicare covers most Australian residents for health care. However, Medicare does not cover everything and you can choose to take out private health insurance to give yourself a wider range of health care options and more comprehensive cover.
- How does it work? There are two types of health insurance: hospital & general treatment (ancillary or extras). You can buy them separately or most funds offer combined policies. There will be limitations on what and when you can claim with any policy you buy.
- What government incentives and surcharges affect my insurance? The Private Health Insurance Rebate is a federal government subsidy for the cost of insurance, while the Lifetime Health Cover rules are designed to encourage people to purchase private health cover earlier and to stay covered. The Medicare Levy Surcharge is a tax that affects people earning above a certain threshold who don't hold private hospital cover.
We have provided a link (click here) to a Government website which aims to answer your questions about private health insurance by explaining how it works, and who and what is covered. You can also compare policies from different Health Funds to help you to choose a private health insurance policy that is right for you.